Taliesin Floor Lamp 2 - Black Stain.
In 1933, when Frank Lloyd Wright converted the original gymnasium of his Hillside Home School, located in Spring Green, Wisconsin, into a theater, he designed lighting pendants composed of rectangular light boxes and plywood shields to be suspended from the tall ceiling. These fixtures proved to be a lighting innovation, providing comfortable indirect light without the use of glass or shades. In 1952, when the theater was rebuilt following a fire, Wright modified the design of the original fixtures for use in the dining room, attaching them to the oak beam overhead. He found their soft indirect light so pleasing that he had a standing floor lamp of the same design fabricated for use in his own home, Taliesin.
Soft, indirect lighting is provided by this dramatic lamp originally designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1955 for Taliesin, his Wisconsin home and workshop. Cherry wood blocks climb in geometrical sequence around a central column, creating a sculptural effect.
The lamp has (10) 15Watt incandescent bulbs pre-installed as well as an on/off footswitch for easy power management.
Some assembly required.
Because our lamps are manufactured by hand, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Dimensions: 80" Height
Square Base, 16" x 16"
Cannot be shipped beyond the contiguous U.S.
Made in America.